||Infrared light therapy provides many of the health benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation. “It makes the same rays that come from the sun and filters out the UV radiation, so it only gives you the infrared radiation” – Dr. Oz When you are sitting in a traditional sauna, you are sitting in a hot room; 180-220 degrees. In the Infrared Sauna only about 20% of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80% directly heats your body. You will actually sweat more in an infrared sauna than in a traditional rock sauna. Studies show that sweat from a traditional sauna contains about 3% toxins where sweat from infrared sauna contains about 17% toxins. The heat detoxifies your body by allowing you to sweat up to 3 times as much (80% water, 20% toxins), which takes a load off the liver and kidneys. By detoxifying the body, we are able to stop toxins from accumulating in our system and in doing so prevent possible disease and premature aging of our skin, body and mind. At the same time we are strengthening our immune system. Infrared therapy helps shorten the recovery time from colds and flues, restoring good health. It penetrates deep into the skin to relief muscle and joint pains, giving you more energy and relieves stress.
Benefits of Infrared Sauna
- Increase circulation and oxygen supply
- Sweating carries off impurities and dead skin cells
- Helps cure several skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Improves skin tone and elasticity
- Helps treat cellulites
- Helps control your blood pressure
- Reduce inflammation and swelling by improving lymph flow
- Helps treat burns and scars
- Helps control your cholesterol level
- Helps treat bronchitis
- Helps treat hives, gout, tissue damage, prostate
- Improves weight loss, strengthens cardio-vascular system by burning up to 600-800 calories in a 30 minute session
Infrared Sauna - Drop in Fee (max. 30 minutes) $10
*Complimentary with any Spa Service
||History of Steam Therapy
The concept of steam therapy for treating illness and alleviating muscle aches and pain dates back to the time of Hippocrates and the Greek physician Parmenides. Saunas and sweat lodges have been used throughout history by various cultures, including the Romans, who developed the concept of the Roman bath; Native Americans, who first used sweat lodges; and the Turks, whose Turkish baths are currently used around the world.
How Steam Therapy Works
The theory behind steam therapy is that it induces sweating and a form of hyperthermia, which promotes your body`s natural healing response, according to Carola Koenig in her book, "Specialized Hydro-, Balneo-and Medicinal Bath Therapy." Steam causes your body temperature to rise above its normal range, causing the elimination of built-up toxins in your body. Steam benefits your muscles because it helps to increase circulation and oxygen flow to your muscles, promoting increased flexibility and mobility and reducing stiffness.
Steam Shower is a type of bathing where a humidifying steam generator produces water vapor. The steam generator produces a mist of healing warmth that promotes your physical and mental well-being. It is a shower where you can sit and enjoy the warmth of fresh steam all around you. There is a certain comfort, pleasure and stress relief element in luxuriating in warm water vapor. The heat loosens up your muscles, cleanses your pores, and generally clears your mind. The end result is that when you emerge you are refreshed, relaxed, and calm. In addition, a steam shower improves blood circulation to the skin and this contributes to a healthy, glowing appearance.
Steam showers help a person lose weight by alleviating stress. When a person is very stressed, their cortisol levels are very high. This causes them to always be on high alert, which makes them more likely to gain weight. Stress keeps the weight on. Heavy sweating cleanses the skin more thoroughly than soap and water because it opens the pores and allows deep seated grime and dead cells to be flushed out. When the body sweats, extra fluids and toxins excreted through the skin. You will mainly lose water weight, so it is important to drink fluids before and after a steam shower.
Benefits of Steam Sauna
- Help improve blood circulation
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system
- Ease joint pain and stiffness
- Relax muscles and increases flexibility and relieve pain
- Deep cleanse skin
- Remove toxins and mineral waste
- Reduce stress and fatigue and life depression
- Help balance the psyche and emotions
- Provide a deep, total-body cleansing
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduce colds and flu
- Relieve sinus congestion
- Give younger-looking skin
- Relieve chronic respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis and hay fever
- Help regulate high blood pressure
Steam Sauna - (Max. 30 minutes) $10
*Complimentary with any Spa Service